How do I find my name or search for it?
There are a few ways to do this.
- Check out our Relations List and see if your name appears. The lists is organized in alphabetical order. Women appear by their maiden name (if known). Use the search/find function at the top of Adobe Acrobat Reader to find your name in the tree.
- Use the Site Search (above) to find a relative you know about. Go through documents, such as trees and charts, and use the search/find function at the top of Adobe Acrobat Reader to find your name in the tree.
- Information about individuals within the family is often broken down based upon the line they descend from based on the following:
The earliest traceable ancestor of the Atlas Family is King Atlas, Sr., who was born between 1809 and 1810 and died between 1891 and 1892.
- KING ATLAS, JR., b. Bet. 1833 - 1847, Louisiana or Arkansas; d. June 10, 1919, Lake Providence, LA.
- JOHN ATLAS, SR., b. Bet. 1843 - 1845, Arkansas or Louisiana; d. December 23, 1924, Lake Providence, LA.
- WILLIAM STEVEN ATLAS, SR., b. Bet. 1845 - 1847, Arkansas; d. between June and October 1880, Lake Providence, LA.
- ANDREW ATLAS, b. Bet. January 1849 - 1850, Arkansas or Louisiana; d. December 14, 1923, Lake Providence, LA.
- SARAH ATLAS, b. 1850, Louisiana; d. Bef. 1905, Lake Providence, LA.
If you know that you are descended from one of these individuals, search the family trees and charts page for trees that fall in their line. Start with a relative that you know of and when in their tree, use the search/find function at the top of Adobe Acrobat Reader to find your name in the tree.
What if I can't find my name and I know I'm related?
If known, your name may include your middle name and/or maiden name. If you do find the appropriate tree and your name is not on it, please see " contact us."
How can I correct or submit information to be updated?
Please "contact us" for more detailed information including family reports and personalized family trees with more information.
Do you have more information than just names?
- Name, including any nicknames, aliases or name changes
- Birth date and location
- Names of spouses and partners, including any nicknames or aliases
- Marriage information, includingdivorce
- Census schedules - 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Tax information
- Military service
- Current location or whereabouts
- Number of children or believed number of children
- Historical addresses
- Publications that family members have been in, or have written
- Civic and social involvement Stories from family members
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) Affiliation
- College enrollment information
- College degree completion including university and degree
- Vocation/Industry/Occupation Death date and location
- Death date and location
- Cause of death
- Social Security Death Index (SSDI)information
- Death certificate information
- Obituary/Obsequies information
- Funeral and memorial service information, such as location and date
- Burial information including cemetery, burial date, and plot
- Post-Hummus awards and recognition
This information is only available to verified family members and is given upon request. Please "contact us" if you wish to receive more detailed information.