Wife of William Steven Atlas, Sr.
- Born between 1840 and 1849 in East or West Feliciana Parish, LA
Died May 15, 1926 in Lake Providence, East Carroll Parish, LA
Former Slaveowner and Slaveowner Locations
Father was was owned by Mrs. James New and willed free about 1857. Mother's owner unknown.
- Paternal Grandparent: Suckey (?) Hewlett
- Parents: Robert J. Hewlett and MN (Johnson) Hewlett
- Siblings: Henry Hewlett, Mary (Hewlett) Jackson aka Mary (Hewlett) Diggs, Rosalie (Hewlett) Ogden
- Marriages/Relationships: William Steven Atlas, Sr.
- About the Sarah (Hewlett) Atlas Line
- Confirming the Slaveowner of Robert Hewlett, Father of Sarah (Hewlett Atlas) - blog posting
- AtlasFamily.Org Blog - All posts on Sarah (Hewlett) Atlas
- Death Certificate - Sarah (Hewlett) Atlas
- Death Certificate - Henry Hewlett
- Senate Sub Committee Testimony - Robert J. Hewlett
- Death certificates obtained at Louisiana State Archives, Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge, LA
- Civil War Pension File obtained from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Washington, DC; US Civil War Veterans Pension Files, Case #1066,472, Lewis Carson
- Obituaries obtained through Google News Archive, Los Angeles Sentinel via ProQuest Historical Black Newspapers, family members, Legacy.Com, and the following on Ancestry.Com: Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, and Death Announcements, 1851-2003, Obituary Collection)
- US Census Records via Ancestry.Com
- Photos courtesy of Atlas family members
- Marriage certificate obtained at the East Carroll Parish, LA Clerk of Court, Lake Providence, LA